Altis Recruitment is on a journey to redefine accessibility in the world of employment, while remaining aligned with our business objectives. We're focused on seamlessly integrating accessibility into every aspect of our service and throughout the entire recruitment experience.
Dignity in the Workplace
Our Accessibility Plan isn't just a document; it's our roadmap for revolutionizing accessibility for all our valued applicants, assigned contractors, internal team members and clients who live with disabilities. We firmly believe that ensuring dignified, safe and meaningful employment opportunities is a shared responsibility that enriches the lives of all Canadians.
Creating our plan was a collaborative endeavour. We engaged extensively with individuals who understand the significance of accessibility – our clients and community members with disabilities. Their insights and feedback have been vital in shaping our way forward.
Our plan translates our accessibility promise into tangible actions. For us, accessibility means breaking down barriers that hinder safe career exploration, and opening doors for more individuals to access the wide array of services and opportunities we offer.
At Altis Recruitment, we’re strong advocates for the transformative power of inclusion. We recognize that an inclusive workplace with unobstructed access to technology, resources and support is a prerequisite for unlocking the full potential of those with visible and invisible disabilities and propelling them toward success.
Supporting Our Community
Our diverse candidate pool reflects our extensive, inclusive network, grown in part by our ongoing support of a broad range of community organizations. If you're seeking to embrace equity and diversity in your workplace, rest assured – we're right by your side – let's collaborate. Should you require accommodation at any point while engaging with our firm, please reach out to our Health and Safety Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of Commitment
Altis Recruitment & Technology Inc. (operating as Altis Recruitment) is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Altis Recruitment is committed to excellence in serving all individuals, including those with disabilities. We work to create and promote equality for people with disabilities through inclusion, awareness training and open communication.
At Altis Recruitment, we’re fully committed to ensuring inclusivity and accessibility for everyone. We understand that each person has diverse needs, so we've gone the extra mile to make sure our services cater to individuals of all abilities. From accommodating wheelchairs to walkers to oxygen tanks, we’ve designed our premises with the utmost consideration for mobility and comfort.
Our dedicated team is well-versed in assisting without infringing on your personal space and respect the sanctity of your assistive devices.
Furthermore, we take pride in our proactive approach to enhancing your experience. Your comfort and accessibility matter to us, and to make your visit as smooth and enjoyable as possible, we'll gladly walk you through all accessibility features applicable to your unique needs.
We strive to make our services accessible, and offer comfortable communications, tailored to the unique needs of individuals with disabilities.
Here's how we do it:
- For the Hearing Impaired: We communicate directly with individuals, allowing them to read our lips when possible. We also provide written communication options.
- For the Visually Impaired: We offer to read aloud, post policies in large, plain format, and present information on our website in an easily readable format.
- For the Deafblind: We work with accompanied interveners, ensuring our communication is directed to the individual who is deafblind.
- For Speech or Language Impairments: We speak slowly and clearly or use preferred communication method. We're patient and use yes or no questions when appropriate.
- For Learning Disabilities: We take our time and are patient, considering the individual's disability when communicating.
- For Intellectual/Development Disabilities: We avoid assumptions, use plain language and present information straightforwardly at the individual’s preferred pace.
- For Mental Health Disabilities: We show respect, remain calm and reassuring, and ask the individual for guidance during a crisis.
- Service Animals: We welcome individuals with disabilities and their service animals, ensuring they have access to public areas. We don't touch or address the animal without confirmation.
- Support Persons: We welcome those who assist individuals with communication, mobility or personal care. Support people can accompany the individual throughout our premises, and we direct our communication to the individual, not the support person.
- Notice of Disruption: If a temporary disruption occurs, we will promptly notify individuals. The notice will be clearly posted and include the reason, expected duration and information on alternative facilities or services.
- Communication of Disruption: In case of planned or unexpected disruptions, we will communicate through various channels, including internal messages, calls, texts, emails and physical postings. Our staff will also assist in communicating this information to those affected.
Information and Communication
Altis Recruitment is committed to addressing the communication needs of people with disabilities while adhering to our Information and Communication standards. To achieve this, we have implemented several key measures:
- Integrated a public feedback channel on our website, AltisRecruitment.com.
- Established an employee feedback channel through HR.
- Any individual who engages in our services is welcome to request specific documents specific to AODA. We commit to providing the requested documents or relevant information in a format that considers the individual’s disability. The format will be mutually agreed upon between our organization and the person with a disability.
- Taken necessary steps to ensure our websites, online content, and internal Intranet and SharePoint sites conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA standards.
Employment and Training
Altis Recruitment is committed to fostering fair and accessible employment practices. Our dedication extends to accommodating individuals with disabilities throughout the entire employment cycle. Here's how we ensure accessibility:
- Recruitment and Assessment: In the recruitment and assessment phases, we consider the unique needs of candidates with disabilities, and adjust our communications to ensure inclusivity. We also encourage our clients to make necessary accommodations.
- Individual Accommodation and Return-to-Work Plans: We're proactive in developing and implementing individual accommodation and return-to-work plans for employees who have been absent due to disabilities.
- Emergency Preparedness: We create personalized emergency preparedness plans for employees with disabilities, should such conditions be disclosed.
- Workplace Accommodations: When we become aware of disabilities, we make accommodations tailored to individual needs in the workplace.
At Altis Recruitment, we are committed to ensuring that every member of our team understands our Accessibility Policy and is dedicated to adhering to it by making our services as inclusive and accessible as possible.
We place a strong emphasis on training and awareness regarding our Accessibility Policy and the Ministry of Community and Social Service's Customer Service Plan. Here's how we ensure that all team members, including internal staff and assigned candidates, are well-versed in our commitment to accessibility:
Training Overview: Our Accessible Customer Service Plan, aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the customer service standard, is an integral part of our training program.
Training Delivery: This plan is provided to new staff members during their initial training. We also train internal team members following any role changes, any time our policy is updated and as an annual refresher.
Feedback and Information
Your Voice Matters: Share Your Experience with Our Staffing Services
At Altis Recruitment, we highly value your feedback on our staffing services for individuals with disabilities. We believe that your insights can help us continually improve and better serve our community. Your opinions matter, and we encourage you to connect with us to share your thoughts.
We have a dedicated Accessibility Officer ready to receive your feedback. Your comments and suggestions will be directed to this knowledgeable and caring professional, who is committed to ensuring we address your concerns promptly and effectively.
Your Experience, Our Priority
We understand the importance of responsiveness. When you provide feedback or seek further information regarding our Accessibility Policy, you can expect to hear back from our firm within seven business days. Your time is valuable, and we're here to make sure your needs are met promptly.
To share your feedback or request more information on our Accessibility Policy, please reach out to our Accessibility Officer through one of these convenient channels:
Call us at: 613-690-8944 or 1-888-220-0911
Send an email to: email@example.com
Your input is instrumental in helping us create a more inclusive and accessible environment for all. Thank you for being a part of our mission to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals with disabilities.
To review our Accessibility Policy click here: Altis Accessibility Policy
A copy of this policy shall be provided in an accessible format upon request at no cost.